The possibility of pregnancy evokes varied reactions depending on the situation. Either way, it’s sometimes hard to be sure in the first month, especially for first time moms. Missed period is what rings a bell in most women. However, you must realize that your period may delay even for other reasons. In additipon, some women experience a light period during the first month of pregnancy.
Here are the early signs of pregnancy to look out for:
- Constant Fatigue: The first month of pregnancy is characterized by unexplained fatigue even without any significant activity, thanks to the hormonal changes taking place in the body.
- Feeling sick: Constant nausea and vomiting are common, mostly accompanied by mood swings. You may also lose your appetite.
- Sore Breasts: The hormonal changes affect the breasts making them bigger and more tender. They may also feel a bit sore. The veins become more visible while the nipples darken and stand out.
- Frequent Urination: Pregnancy will make you pee more often than usual, even at night. Vaginal discharge also increases, without any irritation or sores.
- Unusual taste, smell or cravings: Most women experience a strange ‘metallic’ taste in the mouth. The sense of smell is more sensitive than usual. It is common to lose interest in foods previously enjoyed and develop a craving for new foods.
Some of these early signs of pregnancy can be deceptive. Ultimately, a pregnancy test is the sure teller. A positive result is almost always correct. A negative result may not be as accurate, even in the very early days. Try again after a week to be sure. Positive? Good. Now brace yourself!!